Heartlands Academy is a vibrant and ‘Outstanding’ place of learning. The academy is proud of its diversity and is passionate in its belief in all its students, offering each one the very best opportunities to grow and develop.
Heartlands Academy fosters a ‘can do’ approach. The academy strives to ensure that during their time at the academy, students achieve their full educational and personal potential.
In 2014 Ofsted again rated the academy as ‘Outstanding’ in the below categories:
- Overall effectiveness – Outstanding
- Achievement of pupils – Outstanding
- Quality of teaching – Outstanding
- Behaviour and safety of pupils – Outstanding
- Leadership and management – Outstanding
The academy was also listed as one of the government’s top 100 most improved schools for pupil progress in January 2013.
The academy has moved into a £23 million centre of learning. The new building has been designed with students and the community in mind, built with workable spaces, amenities and equipped with the most up to date technology.
The academy aims to provide an education which develops the full potential of each pupil in preparation for life’s opportunities, responsibilities and experiences.
Their aims include:
- Insist on high standards of courtesy, self-discipline, respect for others, responsibility for others, co-operation with others.
- Encourage pupils to understand and respect the religious and moral values of the pupil’s own and other cultures.
- Help pupils to develop their skills and abilities to the highest possible level, acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for adulthood and the world of work.
- Encourage pupils to enjoy learning, so that they go on learning throughout life.
"Teachers have excellent subject knowledge and use this to plan lessons that stimulate the students’ interest, imagination and desire to do well. As a result, students make rapid progress across the majority of subjects".