We are delighted to announce that E-ACT won the award for MAT of the Year at the MAT Excellence Awards on Thursday 29 June at the Park Plaza Hotel, London! Education sector leaders and outstanding individuals gathered to celebrate the very best in education at this event.
Presented by Optimus Education, the leaders in national educational events, the awards night gives multi-academy trusts the opportunity to celebrate their achievements and recognise their impact on pupils, staff and the community.
The event was hosted by Shappi Khorsandi and celebrated 44 shortlisted organisations across 12 categories. E-ACT was shortlisted in two categories, MAT of the year and community MAT of the year.
With 28 schools and significant diversity, it’s not one size fits all. It’s the breadth and depth of the offer that makes E-ACT unique:
- Community Hubs to support families in some of the most deprived parts of the country.
- Partnering with sector leading organisations like James Dyson Foundation and Dulwich College to provide outstanding opportunities in STEM and Languages.
- Delivering innovative alternative provision at E-ACT Parker Plus, alongside mainstream to aid reintroduction for students with anxiety-based school avoidance.
- Thought leadership on mental health and SEND through E-ACT Ideas Conferences in partnership with TES.
- Training over 1,800 staff in Mental Health First Aid.
E-ACT was originally formed by working with some of the most challenged schools in the country, with nearly twice the number of pupil premium students than the average. These schools previously had a record of poor academic performance and low Ofsted grades. Now E-ACT is one of the top performing Trusts in the country with:
- 93% academies good or outstanding
- 100% of academies have leadership and management good or outstanding
- Above national performance in Primary
- Faster than national improvement in Secondary
Tom Campbell, CEO at E-ACT said:
“I am delighted that E-ACT has been recognised as MAT of the Year. This award is a fantastic acknowledgement of the great work our schools do to ensure an outstanding education for all our children and young people.
E-ACT’s vision of education is focused on the whole child. Our schools collaborate on Progress, Learning and Curriculum and drive high standards and great practice through a shared commitment that coming from a disadvantaged background should not shape your future.
To achieve this, we provide care for not only the children we teach, but for their families, acting as a bridge between a range of charities, agencies, and interventions to support those in need.
Our Opening Minds, Opening Doors strategy is about providing students with the skills and experiences that allow them to thrive. Thank you to all our staff for the great work they do every day.”
Karen Rose, Director of People Partnerships and Organisational Development at E-ACT said:
“I’m so proud of our great team and the work our schools and central staff do to ensure our that our students are thriving. E-ACT has worked hard to develop a strong culture and excellent practice.
Winning Mat of the Year here at the MAT Excellence awards shines a light on the amazing work that can happen when we work together with our communities, and the impact this has on the children that we serve.”