Parkwood E-ACT Academy, awarded a ‘good’ from Ofsted in 2014 and March 2018, is a highly respected and supportive academy based in the north of Sheffield, easily accessible from the M1/ A1 motorway network.
We moved into our state of the art building over Easter 2012. As well as serving a practical purpose, the new buildings and facilities at Parkwood E-ACT Academy has been designed to inspire the pupils and staff who use them.
As an established Academy starting in 2009, with a sponsor committed to social enterprise, we are now on the journey to becoming a world-class academy serving a very special community.
With improving standards, our expectations are high:
We are seeking a Sports Coordinator who has good customer service skills and can deal with people from different parts of the community to start the academy as soon as possible. The Sports Coordinator role is a great opportunity for those looking for an entry level position in the sports industry.
We are seeking a Sports Coordinator who:
- Help promote the sports centre for adults and children, booking courts pitches and classes, dealing with customer enquiries in person via phone and/or email.
- Help keep and maintain the sports centre’s standard of cleanliness by cleaning before/after activities and serve refreshments if needed
- Other duties will include cash handling, selling of sports goods, delivering birthday parties and liaising with customers/sports coaches to ensure smooth running of the facilities.
- Must be flexible to work shifts in the evening and weekends and to cover shifts at short notice in the rare instance.
- Good communication skills and good command of English, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, lively personality and a flexible manner. The candidate should be smart, presentable and approachable and have excellent time management
- Will actively support the vision and core values of the academy and the trust
- Will bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standard at Parkwood E-ACT Academy;
This post will be on a casual/zero hours basis and therefore not guaranteed a set amount of hours per week. Once in the role we will discuss availability and likely hours of work.
The Academy is a “high energy” and rewarding place to work and staff working here can see the positive impact they make on young people.
Further information can be found on: www.parkwoodacademy.org.uk
For more information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
- Please send completed application forms to: email@example.com
- The closing date for this post is: Monday 04 March 2019
- Interviews are planned for: w/c 11 March 2019
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 29 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.