Parkwood E-Act Academy is a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional Receptionist/Student Support Officer to start at the academy as soon as possible. You will need to be positive, responsible and flexible and be willing and able to provide valuable support to our existing administrative team. This post is for 37 hours per week for 39 weeks per year and is a permanent post.
The successful candidate will be able to provide a professional and efficient customer service, creating a welcoming atmosphere for staff students and all visitors to the school. You will be required to deal with a variety of reception tasks including welcoming visitors to the academy.
You will be required to deal with a variety of reception tasks including welcoming visitors, answering calls and dealing with student enquiries. In addition to this, you will perform a range of administrative tasks such as photocopying, helping to prepare resources and sorting post.
The candidate will also have experience of First Aid with an up to date First Aid qualification or willingness to train as the post holder will be the Lead First Aider supporting the Designated Safeguarding Lead in complying with E-ACT Policy.
For a full description of the role, please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- One that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
- In a state of the art new building built in April 2012, we are privileged enough to work in an academy which offers both a modern and practical learning environment, along with locally unrivalled, inspiring surroundings for both staff and students alike.
- A “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if students enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
- Ofsted good rated in both 2014 and 2018, Parkwood students are noted as making strong progress from their starting points despite joining the academy typically below the national average for attainment. Furthermore, disadvantaged students and those who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities are making swift progress.
How to apply
- The closing date for this post is 12 noon Monday 25 February 2019
- Interviews are planned for w/c 04 March 2019
- Please send completed application forms to: email@example.com
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 29 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.